KVM NATURE CLUB
Greening the Campus
HARITHA KERALA MISSION
Environment movement, Government of Kerala
Nature club is the convergence of nature lovers, from various departments of KVM college of Engineering & IT, to promote, monitor and operate the environmental and sustainable activities in the society, starting from college campus with the novel objectives of facilitating the skill development for environmental protection, promoting environmental awareness among all sections of society, spreading environmental education among students.
• To conscientize and promote an environmental – friendly society.
• To create consciousness among students and others about clean and green environment
• To motivate students and others to imbibe habits & life style for minimum waste creation and proper waste disposal.
• To make awareness among students for avoiding or minimizing the usage of plastics.
• To emphasize the cleanliness and proper utilization of our water resources – rivers, canals etc.
• To beautify selected area with flower plants, varieties of trees, and place campaign boards in order to generate awareness.
• Action based activities like tree plantation, cleanliness drive both within & outside the college campuses.
• Installation of rain water harvesting plants, bio-gas plants etc.
• To conduct seminars and workshops about clean & healthy environment.
• New tree plantation, Power point presentation on Ecosystem.
• To conduct field trip activities.
The Nature club took birth on 22nd March 2017. 1st birth day celebrations was blessed by the august presence of Dr. Richard Ng, Director, Institute of Professional Development, Open University, Malaysia. A Schefflera plant ( most popularly known as umbrella tree, also known as dwarf tree) was planted by him near the main gate in the presence of Principal, Director (Policy), GM, HOD (CE), HOD (CS), Principal (Arts College) and so many nature lovers.
Addressing the gathering, Dr. Richard Ng exhorted the nature lovers of KVM to undertake various field activities like visiting natural ecosystems and biodiversity parks in the country and to create enthusiasm regarding issues pertaining to environmental sustainability.