Welcome to KVM College of Engineering and IT. With her cross-cultural academic, research and industry experience, our principal Dr. Manjula Devananda, envisions to meet this organisation’s vision, to be the “Desired Destination” for Education and Research, to its fullest.
Dr. Manjula Devananda (B. Tech, M.E., Ph.D.)
Dr. Manjula’s academic experience spans across various institutions in Kerala and with various departments at University of Otago, New Zealand. Her research experience spans from being a research exchange student at University of Saskatchewan, Canada during her masters, an R & D project engineer at Wipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd, to a health data scientist at Airmed Pvt Ltd, New Zealand.
Her other remarkable achievements include:
• Recipient of Callaghan Innovation early career research grant by Ministry of Business, Innovation and Education, New Zealand.
• Recipient (one among 17 around the globe) of GSEP Fellowship by the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) on behalf of the DFAIT Canada.
Information systems, Data science application domains, Explainable AI
• Career perspectives of data science for Department of CSE, University College of Engineering, Kariavattom, 18th June, 2020
• Programming Challenge 4 Girls, Department of Information Science, University of Otago, Dunedin, 23-24 Nov 2015
Publications and presentations:
• Manjula Devananda, Stephen Cranefield, Hywel Lloyd and Michael Winikoff. "Patient Information Model to Support Population-level Workload Analysis". Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS 2017). https://www.acis2017.org/
• Devananda, Manjula; Cranefield, Stephen; Winikoff, Michael; and Lloyd, Hywel, (2017). "Workload Prediction Model Of A Primary Health Centre". In Proceedings of the 25th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), Guimarães, Portugal, June 5-10, 2017 (pp. 1192-1204). ISBN 978-989-207655. http://aisel.aisnet.org/ecis2017_rp/77
• Bastin Tony Roy Savarimuthu, Sherlock Licorish, Manjula Devananda, Georgia Greenheld, Virginia Dignum and Frank Dignum. Developers responses to app review feedback A study of communication norms in app development, COIN@AAMAS 2017.
• Paper “A deterministic Inter-leaver suitable for Turbo Codes using VHDL for IEEE 802.16e standard” presented at UGC Sponsored National Seminar on VLSI Design and Embedded Systems 2009.
• James Nind, Alesha Smith, Manjula Devananda, Benoit Auray. "A whole of population retrospective observational study on the rates of polypharmacy in New Zealand 2014 to 2018 Polypharmacy in New Zealand: What is the current status?"
February 2021, Health Science Reports 4(2) DOI: 10.1002/hsr2.263
Join our KVM CE & IT family to embark a new journey.